Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Translating into different langugaes

1 year 4 months ago #26680 by ratooren
Hi, i'm trying to get a form that adapts automatically to Dutch, English and French. Some parts wil adapt well.
But for example the form field labels such as Name, Message etc won't adapt.
I'm trying to find where they are storen to make a language override but i can't find them in the language.ini files.
So where can i find these label-definititon to find which ones to use for the override?

Also if i'm trying to make the batch-transofrmation to a different language of the form fields i get this error: array_values(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given.

So please some help.

Thanks,
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #26681 by ratooren
Hi, some more on the same subject. The secure image captcha is also showing an english text. This should be also adapting in the different languages. Where can i find this language-definition?

Ron

1 year 4 months ago #26682 by support
Dear Ron,

Form Field Translation:
It seems your Form Fields are assigned to all languages. What you need to do is assign your fields to a specific language, then duplicate them to your other languages.

Batch Error:
I'll send the fix to your email address in a few minutes. I'll include the fix in the next release.

Captcha Language when using Word List
Displays a word from the list in this file [Path to Joomla]/media/plg_captcha_securimage/words/lang-CODE.txt where language code is your current language code. Make sure to upload a language file for your language.
Keep in mind that in order to be effective the file has to have at least 100 words.
Take a look at the /media/plg_captcha_securimage/words/en-GB.txt file to use it as an example.

Best regards,

1 year 4 months ago #26683 by ratooren
Hi, thanks for the swift answer.
So step 1 select all the 4 formfields. Step 2 batch copie them to language 1 and repeat this step for other languages?
Question: will there still remain field wich are set to all languages or will there be just (in my case) 3 langugages?

For the captcha i'm going to look through the filemanager:)

Thanks Ron

1 year 4 months ago #26684 by support
Ron,

First, you need to batch-move the Form Fields to one of the languages, then Bath Copy to the other languages.
You cannot have fields with the same aliases assigned to the same language and category.
Some fields like the Name, Email, and Subject,... are only allowed once as well, regardless of the alias used.

Best regards,

1 year 4 months ago #26685 by ratooren
Hi, oke so this is causing me headaches. In French the Email should be "Adresse mail", Name should be "Nom" and Subject should be "Sujet". In Dutch same sort of things apply.
So seen your previous mail the labels for the fields can't be changed or overriden?
That why i could copy them one by one as i tried it, because indeed the error was "can only be one..."-sort.

No work-around?

Thanks Ron

1 year 4 months ago #26686 by ratooren
Hi,
I've made 2 language files for the captcha but nothing changes, the label is still in English.

For the formfields: your previous mail seems to be indicating that the labels can't be translated?

Workaround?

Thanks Ron
Attachments:

1 year 4 months ago #26687 by support
Dear Ron,

You can't translate the Form Fields using .INI text files, but you do have to translate them.
Have you edited the Form Fields Labels/names after moving/copying the Form Fields? Form Fields are translated the same way all other items are translated in Joomla (Articles, Contacts,...).

As for Captcha, I thought you were referring to the Captcha Setting Type loading words from a list, which was displaying English Words, and that you wanted to display it in other languages.
Now I understand what you want. I have just checked the Captcha language files for these languages and I noticed that they are missing a few translations. We rely on the community to translate the plugins and submit them to Transifex . Most people only translate their copy, so I cannot include their translation in the source code.

In order to translate the missing language strings you have to edit the files:
/plugins/captcha/securimage/language/lang-CODE/plg_captcha_securimage.ini

Only the first eight strings are required for the front end:
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_VALIDATION_CODE_LABEL="Enter captcha security code"
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_VALIDATION_CODE_WRONG="Wrong captcha security code"
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_VALIDATION_CODE_CORRECT="Captcha code entered is valid"
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_VALIDATION_CODE_CHECKING="Checking code..."
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_IMAGE_ALT_TEXT="Captcha Image"
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_RELOAD_IMAGE="Reload captcha image challenge"
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_RELOAD_IMAGE_TITLE="Click on the image to load a new captcha challenge"
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_CLICK_HERE="Click here"

You can provide the translation using Transifex or just attach the files here and I'll update the translation.

Thank you.

1 year 4 months ago #26688 by ratooren
Hi,
Thank you. I didn't alreaydy copy the fiels to other languages, but il will try now.

I will occupie myself with translation of the captcha. If i have time i will look into the total language file and provide them to you in Dutch and French. But first things first:). So i start with the front end so that my website will be ready.

Thanks again.
Ron

1 year 4 months ago #26689 by ratooren
Forgot to ask, in fact i don't need the language file with al the words (other then the English one?

1 year 4 months ago #26690 by support
I'm not sure what you mean. If you are talking about the Captcha language files, all you need is to translate those 8 first strings I mentioned, but the files are already installed on /plugins/captcha/securimage/language/lang-CODE/plg_captcha_securimage.ini, all you need is to translate them. Some strings might already be translated.

1 year 4 months ago #26691 by ratooren
Hi again,
I see in my Dutch language file for the captcha that the first 8 don't respon to yours.
In fact some of them aren't present at all.
Can i add the missing ones and is the order of them important?
No i understand also why the're not adapting, the necessary string is simply missing in my current copy of the lang-file.

Ron
These are my first 8 ones in Dutch:
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_VALIDATION_CODE_CHECKING="De code wordt gecontroleerd..."
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_IMAGE_ALT_TEXT="Captcha-afbeelding"
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_RELOAD_IMAGE_TITLE="Klik op de afbeelding om een nieuwe captcha-code te genereren"
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_CLICK_HERE="Klik hier"
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE="Captcha - SecurImage"
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_XML_DESCRIPTION="SecurImage is een PHP-CAPTCHA-script voor het genereren van complexe afbeeldingen en CAPTCHA-codes om formulieren te beschermen tegen spam en misbruik. Het kan gemakkelijk worden toegevoegd aan de bestaande formulieren op uw website om bescherming tegen spam bots te bieden. Het werkt op de nagenoeg elke webserver, zolang PHP en GD-ondersteuning binnen PHP geïnstalleerd zijn. Securimage doet alles van het genereren van de CAPTCHA-afbeeldingen genereren tot het valideren van de getypte code. Hoorbare codes voor slechtzienden kunnen d.m.v. Flash naar de browser worden gestreamd."
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_AUDIO_TITLE_LABEL="Audiobestanden"
PLG_CAPTCHA_SECURIMAGE_INPUT_FIELD_LOCATION_LABEL="Positie invoerveld "