Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Translating into different langugaes

1 year 4 months ago #26692 by ratooren
Hi,
I did exactly as you said. Translated the 8 strings and put them in the nl-NL and fr-FR files.
Nothing has changed the label Enter ..... is still in English?

Am i forgetting something?

Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #26693 by support
Dear Ron,

I provided the first 8 language strings corresponding to the English file. Anyway, I'm working on it and I'll send to your email address a new plugin installation file with the language strings order matching the English file.

Please allow me a few minutes.

Best regards,

1 year 3 months ago #26694 by ratooren
Hi,
Did you have had time to look into translations already?
Thanks,
Ron

1 year 3 months ago #26695 by ratooren
Hi,
Again a new problem arrives with the form.
I get an error that fields are mandatory but they are filled as you can see in the screenshot.
What could be the problem that it seems the form is ignoring the filled out fields.
Off course i filled also the captcha.

Thanks Ron

PS could it have anything to do with the copying to multiple languages?
Attachments:

1 year 3 months ago #26696 by ratooren
Hi, i tested the form on the english part of the site and there is no error, so it has certainly something to do with the translation of fields.
The same test on the dutch part of the site is giving the same error but in dutch of course.

Somehow the translated fields are not loaded into the check-routine for obligated fields.
Ron

1 year 3 months ago #26697 by ratooren
See here a screenshot of the formfields in the bakcend.
Attachments:

1 year 3 months ago #26698 by support
Dear ratooren,

I thought I had already sent the latest version to you.
Anyway, I sent it to you again using my personal email account, just in case my domain is blacklisted by your server (Outlook).

I cannot reproduce the problem of the required field locally. If the problem persists after the upgrade, please create a backup and provide administrator access, so I can better investigate it.

Best regards,

1 year 3 months ago #26699 by ratooren
hi, thanks for the files i'm going to install them.
Could you confirm that my settings in the back-end (see last screenshot) for multiple language are correct?
That i did at least in the right way?
Thanks Ron

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #26700 by ratooren
Hi Douglas,

Just installed the new files.
When i open a form field (for example Name for now attributed to all languages) i get an error message, see the screen shot.
Translated says the error: can find user with : ID 505.

I was wanting to preform a copy action to a different language. For example to dutch. Label should then be "Naam" and attributed to Dutch.

For now i wait with my action until you have replied to the last 2 messages.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

1 year 3 months ago #26701 by support
Greetings,

I just noticed an issue with the form fields, they have different aliases, however the name, email, and subject fields shouldn't change the alias when copied. I noticed the Save as a copy was not keeping the same alias when saving to a new language or category. i"ve fixed it and I'll send a new package to you by email.

The "can find user with : ID 505" warning (not an error) displays usually if you copy the fields from one site to another and the user ID that created the field doesn't exist. See Screenshot . I have already fixed it by assigning your username to the form field.

Best regards,

1 year 3 months ago #26709 by ratooren
Hi Douglas,
I'm trying to establish a standard reply to the mail of a form submitter. For example: Thank you {name} for your message........
I'm trying to establish a mail to my self which is logging the system info (ip etc).
I've tried establishing an standard reply page. This has been succesful. See screenshot.
The first 2 however are not working.
It seems to me that the names of the templates are not corresponding with the name you can set in the contact information (or global section).
I've attached 2 screenshots; 1 is showing the names of the templates and the other is showing the possible names in the contact information.

What do you think of it?

For now i'm only getting this information after submitting a form:

This is an enquiry email via ambert-camping.com/ from: Ronald Toorenburgh
Votre nom: Ronald Toorenburgh
Votre adresse mail: ra.toorenburgh@outlook.com

Votre message: sfw;egl;glqglq
w'gl
wégl

I'm not succeding in adding any info in this mail. nevertheless i entered in the templte for example the {system_info} tag which i got from the documentation.
The standard copy mail is working like this:
Ceci c'est une copie de votre message à Camping La Vallée Verte par ambert-camping.com

This is an enquiry email via ambert-camping.com/ from: Ronald Toorenburgh
Votre nom: Ronald Toorenburgh
Votre adresse mail: ra.toorenburgh@outlook.com

Votre message: sfw;egl;glqglq
w'gl
wégl

Thanks alreay for your reply
Ron
Attachments:

1 year 3 months ago #26710 by support
Dear Ron,

Contact Enhanced For Joomla 4 has a new Form Field Called "Ask for user consent & Collect User Info". This field displays a Checkbox asking for user consent. Also has the option to collect user information automatically, such as web browser, Operating System, screen size, IP address, and approximate Location based on IP address. In the Form Field Parameters, you can choose to only collect the User info. This option must be enabled in order to collect the user info. I have already added this Form Field to your form and assigned it to all languages.

Templates:
Make sure you are editing both the Plain Text AND the HTML template. Contact Enhanced sends both emails in one. Some email clients only read plain text, that's why we send both versions. See screenshot .

Best regards,