Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Ideal Store Locator Plugin (iStoreLocator) works with Google Maps API which allows your website visitors to easily locate stores/contacts on the map.

Product Page

Displaying ALL CONTACTS in store locator for a specific CITY

7 years 11 months ago #21375 by mustweb
Hi !

Beside Contact Enhanced I have pages for cities

I would like Istore locator on every city page displaying all contacts for their specific city.

How can I do this ?

Thank you in advance !
Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #21376 by support
Dear Erik,

iStoreLocator displays contacts within a radius from the searched location. If you want to display all contacts from a specific city, then I advise you increase the default radius (Selected Max Distance) and increase the maximum number (Result limit). Both options are located inside the Search tab in the plugin edit page.

Best regards,

7 years 11 months ago #21377 by mustweb
Dear Doug

2 Things :

1/ I want to work from the Address ( city ) and not Radius ...
2/ I don't want to work from CSV

By playing again I finally found the solution, here it is :

{istorelocator height=|600| source=|com_contactenhanced| suburb=|mytown|}

There is a mix between "city" and "suburb" there ...

... in fact if you want to use a CSV file by exporting the table ce_details you need to rename "suburb" column name in "city"

Question :
Do you have a documentation explaining how we can modify the plugin config from the plugin tag ? ( {istorelocator ... }

For example : setting filter ON/OFF , position : In/Above/None etc ....

Thank you in advance !
Eric

7 years 11 months ago #21378 by support
Dear Eric,

Now I understand what you mean, but I'm not sure why it worked with the suburb in the syntax. I did implement an option to add the city to the Query URL (?city=yourtown OR &city=yourtown).

Anyway, not all options are available in the syntax. The available options are already in the plugin description (in the plugin edit page).

Best regards,

7 years 11 months ago #21379 by mustweb
Dear Doug

I did a lot of tests yet and you are right : above code is NOT working :(

Could you let me know if there is a possibility to do it this way as I have lots of cities ( +- 1000 ) and don't want to generate and manage so many CSV files...

Another problem is I can't implement Query URL as Plugin Tag will be inside another content.

Eric

7 years 11 months ago #21380 by support
Dear Erik,

I'll investigate the possibility to add this feature next week. Can you wait?

Best regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: mustweb

7 years 11 months ago #21381 by mustweb
Dear Doug

This would be great ! B)

Thank you in advance !

Best Regards
Eric

7 years 11 months ago #21431 by mustweb
Hi Doug !

Any news regarding istorelocator by cities ?

Regards
Eric

7 years 11 months ago #21434 by support
Dear Eric,

I'm working on it, but it required more work than I could foresee. I'll try to finish it by tomorrow morning.

Best regards,

7 years 11 months ago #21446 by support
Dear Eric,

I'm sorry about the delay. I have sent the changes to your email address and I'll released it soon.

You can use the code syntax below and change it according to your needs.
{istorelocator category=|78| filter_city=|Boston| filter_state=|MA| filter_country=|USA| zoom=|10| firstload-loadall=|1| firstload-limit=|9999| firstload-maxdistance=|123456| }

The following settings can be changed according to your needs:
category=|78| filter_city=|Boston| filter_state=|MA| filter_country=|USA| zoom=|10|

You can remove the zoom option completely, so iStoreLocator will decide which is the best zoom level. In your case you can also completely remove the filter_state and filter_country if you want.

Please keep in mind that there is no need to uninstall the old version and that backup is your best friend! ;-) I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a FULL backup first;

Kind regards,

7 years 11 months ago #21447 by mustweb
Thank You Doug !

I will install the plugin and keep you in touch !

Eric

7 years 11 months ago #21464 by mustweb
Hi Doug !

Hope you got a nice WE !

I did set-up new istorelocator in all my cities now and it is working perfectly ;-)

One little question yet : as we force results, we don't need the search bar anymore so I would like to remove it.
How can I do this ?

Thank you very much for your efficiency !
Eric