Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Ideal Related Articles (iRelated) displays related articles to Joomla articles. Quickly increase your readers' engagement with your articles by adding Ideal Related Articles inside your content.

Product Page

"Deprecated" problem + Extra Function

2 months 1 week ago #27303 by slavoisard
Hi !
Just bought Ideal Related Articles and very happy with all its possibilities... But I have two problems.

1) I have two Deprecated errors when using it. Any idea what could cause that ?

2) I use Tags to "sort" which articles are published on slave sites from a single master site. So I would need when showing related articles to have the possibility to show ONLY those using a specific tags (or several, why not). Could it be possible to add this option, I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for such a flexible option !

Best regards !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #27304 by slavoisard
To be clear on point 2), what I want is to show related articles by Metakey, but only those from a specific Tag. For now, I can exclude tags, but I can't choose one that is needed.

2 months 1 week ago #27305 by support
Dear slavoisard,

Thank you for reaching out regarding Ideal Related Articles.

1. I'm currently addressing the issue you've reported and will send you the fix via email shortly.

2. Concerning your request to filter tags, while it's not a common inquiry, I'm happy to explore potential solutions. Typically, in a Related Articles module, we aim to display articles that match any of the specified tags. However, I believe there are a couple of options you might find useful without requiring custom code modifications:
a. If your articles across slave sites share identical tag(s), you can set the Mode to Mixed and Match Type to All.
b. Alternatively, consider utilizing the "Ignore tags" feature to exclude tags from other slave sites.

Implementing either of these options may resolve your requirements without the need for additional customization.

Best regards,

2 months 1 week ago #27306 by slavoisard
Thank you for such a quick answer Douglas !
1) Great, thanks again.
2) Sure I tried this and was amazed by all the possibilities, but it's not working properly for me... I used mixed and excluded the tags I use to sort articles to different slave sites, but as soon as there's a another common tags between 2 articles, even if the related one is not published on the slave site, it appears (which is normal). It could work if I could choose "Keywords" as Relation Tags but still have the possibility to Ignore Tags (and not keywords).

2 months 1 week ago #27307 by slavoisard
To be even more clear, it's not really the possibility to Ignore Tags but to Exclude Tags that I would need.

For example, if I have a first article with the "Paris" keyword published on 5 of my sites, and second one with also the "Paris" keyword (because I need to be able to show all articles about Paris) only on 1 site, actually the 5 sites are showing a Related link to this article (because of the common Paris keyword). So I would need the module to be able to Exclude some specific tags... Any chance to add this ?

2 months 1 week ago #27308 by support
I've recently added the functionality to utilize the "Ignore Tags" setting when in Metakey mode. However, please note that it won't automatically exclude articles if there are other matching tags or meta keywords present.

Additionally, I've developed an option specifically for excluding tags as per your request. I'm currently conducting some final tests to ensure everything works smoothly. Once completed, I'll package the update and send it to you by email within the next hour or so.

2 months 1 week ago #27309 by slavoisard
Wow, you're the best !
Let me know if I can pay some extra for this.
I will also warn all the users of the MightySite extension (the one that makes it possible to use one master site to publish on many slave sites) that Ideal Related Articles makes this possible, as until now it was impossible so it was limiting the potential of this component. I'm sure many of them will be happy to use it !

2 months 1 week ago #27310 by support
Thank you for spreading the word. It is much appreciated.