Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Too Many Articles, page is blank

14 years 11 months ago #268 by myprocess
We tested the MooFAQ and found that it was crashing after having too many articles added. We have 13 categories for it, and 7 pages of articles that will need to fit on the template. When we remove the articles and add a few it is working fine.

Is there a configuration, or do you have limit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #269 by douglas
Dear "Myprocess",

I haven't configured any limit.
What type of crash is it?

Can you provide a URL so I can take a look at it?

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #271 by myprocess

14 years 11 months ago #274 by douglas
That is very odd indeed!

Which plugins do you have enabled?

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #275 by myprocess
Here is the error I'm getting now:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2432115 bytes) in C:\dbjoomla\plugins\system\sef.php on line 58

Does this help?

On the plugins installed:
Content - Pagebreak
System - sh404sef
System - Remember Me
Content - Load Module
Search - Newsfeeds
Content - Email Cloaking
Search - Sections
Content - Rating
Search - Categories
System - Legacy
Search - Contacts
System - Debug
Content - Page Navigation
Search - Weblinks
System - SEF
Search - Content
Authentication - Joomla
JCE Utilities
JCE Editor 1.5.x
Editor Button - Readmore
Editor Button - Pagebreak
Editor Button - Image
Editor - TinyMCE 2.0
Editor - No Editor
User - Joomla!

14 years 11 months ago #276 by douglas
It seems to be a problem with SEF.

Could you please disable SEF just so we can see if it works?

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #277 by myprocess
I tried that, and it did not help.

We found out some more information:

208.96.49.150/dbjoomla/index.p...mid,119/id,11/view,categories/

Check out the link it is working now but if I add one more article it stops working.

Any ideas?

14 years 11 months ago #278 by douglas
It is getting late here in Brazil, I'll get back to this tomorrow morning.

I still don't know what is happening here. I counted 90 articles. I didn't test with that many articles, which I'll do tomorrow. I noticed that it gets a bit slow when you get too many articles.

Would you like to have a section view as well? So you can choose one category to show the FAQs.

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #279 by myprocess
I got up to 109 articles.

Do you have an example of a section view? I think that would make the best sense for a quick resolution. How would I go about accomplishing that.

Thanks

14 years 11 months ago #281 by douglas
Today I'm going to enter 100+ dummy articles in my test base.

When you deactivate SEF, did you get the same Fatal error as you did before?

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #289 by myprocess
I can not reproduce the error so I can't check. I just get a blank screen now when I add a few more articles. When I remove the articles, it shows correctly.

14 years 11 months ago #300 by douglas
I've just add 113 content Items and 12 categories and it worked fine and it was quite fast, at least faster than I expected.

Can you please try to disable sef and all plugins just to make sure it is not a problem with any plugin incompatibility? And if it works please enable your plugins one by one, this way we will know which one is causing the problem. If the problem remains, can you please switch to Purity template, just for testing purposes?

Regards,