Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Email sending hangs - joomla newbie

12 years 11 months ago #6633 by mowgs
Hi, thanks for the extension!

I have a problem with Ajax Contact, when I've filled in the forms and test them, it doesnt send - just hangs with a loading symbol at the bottom of the form?

Error in Firefox -

Error: syntax error
Source File: www.pensionreleaseadvice.com/media/system/js/mootools.js
Line: 80, Column: 1
Source Code:
()

Error in IE -

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDS; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Thu, 26 May 2011 14:58:09 UTC

Line: 80
Char: 52
Code: 0
URI: pensionreleaseadvice.com/media/system/js/mootools.js

I've been going through the forum, and it seems to head towards some sort of incompatibility with template or other extension???

Kind Regards

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #6635 by douglas
Dear Keith,

The JSON response is blank, can you please set Error reporting to Maximum in Joomla Global Configuration?

All the best,

12 years 11 months ago #6648 by mowgs
Hi, thanks for the reply - I updated the error reporting - this is the error message in firefox now -

Error: syntax error
Source File: www.pensionreleaseadvice.com/media/system/js/mootools.js
Line: 80, Column: 1
Source Code:
()

and in IE

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDS; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Fri, 27 May 2011 08:43:28 UTC

Line: 80
Char: 52
Code: 0
URI: pensionreleaseadvice.com/media/system/js/mootools.js

thanks!

Keith

12 years 11 months ago #6659 by douglas
Dear Keith,

I've tried to submit and it does submit the page, but it does not return any JSON object or error. I usually get an error when this happens. Are you sure you've set PHP Error reporting to Maximum in Joomla Global Configuration?

Also, are you using the latest Ajax Contact Version?

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6703 by mowgs
Hi, I've set the error reporting section under the Joomla! global configuration to maximum - is there a seperate one for PHP?

The version is showing as 1.5.8.3 under the extension manager

kind regards

Keith

12 years 11 months ago #6711 by douglas
Dear Keith,

I'm not yet sure what the problem is, however before I continue to investigate the problem, can you please upgrade to the latest version (1.5.8.5)?

To download please follow this link:
ideal.fok.com.br/purchase-and-...-extensions.html?tpl=purchases

Please keep in mind that there is no need to uninstall the old version and that backup is your best friend! ;-) I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a backup first;

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6755 by mowgs
Excellent, thanks for that - i'll get onto upgrading it and see if that fixes it.

regards

Keith

12 years 11 months ago #6777 by ugillian
I'm having the same problem. I've done all the things Keith has done above and installed latest version. But still getting same syntax error:

mootools.js (line 80)
syntax error
()

12 years 11 months ago #6792 by douglas
Dear Ugillian,

Please provide a direct link so I can take a look at it.

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6794 by ugillian
www.ibcs.org/media/system/js/mootools.js

I am using Joomla 1.5.20

Thanks,
Gillian

12 years 11 months ago #6795 by douglas
Dear Gillian,

I've submitted your form www.ibcs.org/index.php/contacting-us and the Ajax response is empty.
Can you please set PHP Error reporting to Maximum in Joomla Global Configuration?

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6797 by ugillian
Hi,

The Error Reporting is already set to maximum. Under global configuration/server/server settings/error reporting correct?

Gillian