Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

The Contact form is not sending

3 years 10 months ago #25540 by Wissen
I just installed the Ajax Contact Extension, but it is not working.
I have
Joomla 3.9.12
PHP 7.2
Ajax 3.9

I can configure everything and it seems OK, I also activated the Captcha, seems to be working fine.
The mandatory fields check is also OK.

As I then try to submit it just shows a "loading wheel" but is not doing anything.
You might have a look:
bluesky-horsemanship.de/index.php/contacts

Thank you!
Daniela

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #25543 by support
Dear Daniela,

I just submitted the form and it worked properly. See screenshot .

I could only reproduce this issue when submitting the form twice. Then inspecting the forms Ajax Submission I found out a non-JSON value was returned with the following content:

It has been detected a sequence that could mean a hacker attack. Your request can not be processed.

This error is probably thrown by a WAF (Web Application Firewall) you may have installed.

I've just created a way to display that error in Ajax Form Response and I'll send the changes to your email address. However, this is an error that needs to be fixed. Check your firewall documentation to understand why this error is triggered, how many seconds each request needs to be apart,...

A simple workaround would be to clear the form as soon as it's successfully submitted. This way your user will have to fill the form again before submitting it again and it might be just enough time for your WAF to flag this request as "Ok"... ;-)
In the module options set Reset (clear) Form on Submit to Instantly.

That should work, but it doesn't I can implement another workaround for you. I can remove the form after the user successfully submits the form.

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.