Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

[SOLVED] How do I increase width of the message textarea?

13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4439 by CHCG
Can anyone advise where and how I can increase the width/length of the message text area in the contact form (component).

Thanks in advance for your assiatance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #4440 by douglas
Dear CHCG,

This post is in the Ajax Contact forum, but you wrote Component, did you mean to post this thread in the Contact Enhanced Forum?

In Contact Enhanced there is an Attributes option for each custom field, so you can just enter style="width:99%" for example or style="width:200px".

Please watch this screencast:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...-fields/78-basic-features.html

Best regards,

13 years 5 months ago #4441 by CHCG
Thank you for your - as usual - prompt reply. Yes, I ment to post my thread in the Contact Enhanced forum. Sorry!

Where (in what file) are the field styles set?

Cheers

Christoffer

13 years 5 months ago #4442 by douglas
Dear Christoffer,

That's not a problem, I'll just move the thread to the correct forum.

All styles are set in [Path to Joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/assets/css/validate.css

Kind regards,

13 years 5 months ago #4443 by CHCG
Again sorry. After watching the screecast I see tht changes are made under the Component's menu item "Custom Fields". I tried that and managed to increase the width of the message testarea to cols="80". Trying to do the same with the other predefined custom fields doesn't seem to work however.

13 years 5 months ago #4444 by CHCG
Having watched the screencast, I see that the field lengths/widths can be changed under the component's menu item "Custom Fields".

I have done that and while it works well with the message textarea, changes in the other predefined fields don't seem to take effect. Any idea why not?

Furthermore, the map also changes width when I add cols="80". Is it supposed to?

Thanks in advance for your time.

13 years 5 months ago #4445 by douglas
Dear Christoffer,

cols="80" only works for textarea, for every other field type (select list, text field,...) you have to use the style="width:100px" or style="width:99%";

Changing the custom fields attributes does should not change the map;

Best regards,