Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Many problems thus far, with questions

13 years 6 months ago #4309 by douglas
Dear Tron,

1- Now I understood what you meant. I've been working on this, trying to figure it out why you have horizontal scroll bars and I noticed that it is a template related issue.
Gantry is setting the width to 960px, therefore you will have to add the following line to Contact Enhanced's CSS file:
.rt-container{width:auto !important}
However I'm not sure how that's going to effect the other Contact Enhanced pages. I believe that the best option here is to ask RocketTheme to change the template to add that fixed width to the rt-container only if the page is not loading in a modal window (&tmpl=component);

Also it opened in the modal window in IE8, but I got a message saying that your site was trying to install an ActiveX. For my experience sometimes this message is displayed when you have Flash objects without one of the properties like classid;

3- I'm not sure what you meant by "the comment box is fixed", but I believe it is still related to the border.
In the CSS change:
.ce-container input.inputbox{border:1px solid #CCC !important}
for:
.ce-container .inputbox{border:1px solid #CCC !important}

4- I'll fix the mouseover effect in the next version;

5- In order to have a look closer to the demonstration on my website you have to change the fields to load in columns. Please watch this screencast:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...-fields/78-basic-features.html

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #4312 by Tron
douglas wrote:

.rt-container{width:auto !important}
However I'm not sure how that's going to effect the other Contact Enhanced pages. I believe that the best option here is to ask RocketTheme to change the template to add that fixed width to the rt-container only if the page is not loading in a modal window (&tmpl=component);

Also it opened in the modal window in IE8, but I got a message saying that your site was trying to install an ActiveX. For my experience sometimes this message is displayed when you have Flash objects without one of the properties like classid;

This fix broke my site, also im really lost as to the flash object you would be referring to as i have no flash on the website to my knowledge.

Any idea on how to start narrowing down the conflict aside from disabling everything on the site?

3- I'm not sure what you meant by "the comment box is fixed", but I believe it is still related to the border.
In the CSS change:
.ce-container input.inputbox{border:1px solid #CCC !important}
for:
.ce-container .inputbox{border:1px solid #CCC !important}

I got this one i believe.

13 years 6 months ago #4313 by douglas
Dear Torn,

This is a template related problem. I believe RocketTheme is being copied in the email notifications, but you can actually go to their forum and explain that your template width is way too wide when used in Joomla modal windows. That's because the template sets .rt-container{width:960px} in the CSS file.

If you don't have any flash, please just ignore my tip, I should have checked that before writing about it.

Best regards,

13 years 6 months ago #4357 by marshapearson
Also problems with Feedback form - could you please send me any fix you have too?
I am attempting to use messages-standard layout. When I select it, I can't see any contacts to select.

I have "installed" and "uninstalled", also have set up the menu item and un-setup the menu item. Now there is a feedback tab on the side of the page which does not go away, even if I remove the menu item.

Would really appreciate any help. Many thanks.

PS Joomla version 1.5.21

13 years 6 months ago #4358 by douglas
Dear marshapearson,

The Message Layout is still under development and I forgot to remove from the download package, I'll remove it right now. The menu type you want to use it is Contact Enhanced -> Contact, then you will be able to select a Contact and display a form;

The Feedback Tab is a plugin which is automatically installed and enabled. YOu have to go to Extensions -> Plugin Manager, search for Feedback and disable it;

Best regards,

13 years 6 months ago #4359 by marshapearson
I still don't see my contact to select.
Can I remove the feedback tab and get it to reinstall itself??
Thanks again!

13 years 6 months ago #4360 by douglas
Dear marshapearson,

It seems that you do not have created any contact:
bensonllc.com/index.php?option=com_contact_enhanced
So please go to Components -> Contact Enhanced -> Contacts and create a new Contact before you create a menu item;

You can watch a screencast for an older version here, but the basic features remain the same:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...lation-and-basic-features.html

More screencasts are available here:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...ct-enhanced/documentation.html

Best regards,

13 years 6 months ago #4362 by marshapearson
I have two contacts, actually, "General Information" and "General Questions and Information". The former had an "&" which I changed to "and" thinking that might be the problem. I have one contact category that is called "Contacts" and yes, it is public.

FYI, I created a second "information" contact because I thought the first might have a problem.

I had some of those install errors (error 2006), but reinstalled and did not have those errors with this current install.

13 years 6 months ago #4363 by douglas
Dear Marsha,

That's very odd. It doesn't look like you have any Contact for Contact Enhanced.

Can you please provide an administrator account so I can take a closer look?
You can just reply to this forum email notification and I'll get it;

Best regards,