Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Pre sales question - Google 'Soft 404s' ?

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #4096 by actiononlinenz
Hi,

I'm currently using another contact extension (aicontactsafe) which I'm very happy with but there's a problem with it concerning the way Google indexes it's module's Ajax content.

Google is seeing the text on the contact module as a Soft 404 and marks them as crawl errors, which will hurt my search rankings.

Before I buy your extension, can you please confirm your extension does not have this issue?

I've attached a screenshot as a file (didn't do it as an image in case it tried to resize it).
As I have their contact module on every one of my pages, Google is reporting alot of these soft 404's! :(

Also, I just want to double check something, are Contact Enhanced and Ajax Contact completely separate? Or can I use the Ajax Contact with the features of the Contact Enhanced?

EDIT: Just to be clear, whatever I go with, it will need to be Ajax.

Cheers,
Bob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #4097 by douglas
Dear Bob,

Ajax Contact and Contact Enhanced are two completely different extensions;
Contact Enhanced has only a few Ajax Features, such as Chain Select Lists and username verification.

So far I haven't had any problem with Soft 404s. If you require an Ajax like feature please take a look at my CE Feedback, which is only a plugin for Contact Enhanced. It does not load using Ajax, however it loads in a Modal Window and does not require page refresh (like Ajax);
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...hanced/plugin-ce-feedback.html

If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

13 years 7 months ago #4098 by actiononlinenz
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. So I guess I need your Ajax Contact module on every page and maybe the Contact Enhanded on my contact us page.

Just to double check, you haven't had any 404 issues with the Ajax Contact as well?

Cheers,
Bob.

13 years 7 months ago #4099 by douglas
Dear Bob,

I have never noticed any Soft 404 errors in Ajax Contact pages nor had any complains from other customers, however if you have any issue I'll work to solve it and if there is an error that I cannot fix, I'll issue a refund for the full amount.

Kind regards,