Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Email Field Transparent

13 years 10 months ago #3324 by trechriron
I know you observe the Sabbath on SAT so I will wait until you can get to this! :-D

www.10nw-web.com/index.php?opt...d&view=contact&id=2&Itemid=120

The email field is transparent while the rest show correctly. Why is that?

Also, what is the red triangle for? Does that denote a required field?

Maybe I need to update a template (CSS)?

Thanks!

Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer & RPG Enthusiast
October Northwest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #3331 by douglas
Dear Trentin,

Thanks for understanding!

Contact Enhanced tries to inherit most of your templates CSS file and your template for some reason sets the background and a width to all input#email objects.

Please open the CSS file www.10nw-web.com/components/co...hanced/assets/css/validate.css and add this rule:
#component-contact-enhanced input#emai{background-color:#FFFFFF !important;}

Correct, the red triangle denotes a required field.

Best regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3370 by trechriron
Awesome! I was able to override CSS with white background and black text. How do I get the same "beveling" effect for the field?

October Northwest

13 years 10 months ago #3375 by douglas
Dear Trentin,

I'm not sure what you mean by "beveling" effect, ,but oone thing I noticed is that you missed the default borders, so if you want to remove all border you just have to add the line below to the CSS file:
div.ce-cf-container input, div.ce-cf-container textarea{border:0}

Best regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3383 by trechriron
I can't get border-style:inset to take on the classes. I update validate.css, then save params, save config, clear caches, reload. Nothing changes. How can I get the form to take the updated CSS? Here's what I added;

.inputbox cf-input-text required validate-email{border-style:inset !important}
.inputbox cf-input-text required validate-email invalid{border-style:inset !important}

Thanks!

October Northwest

13 years 9 months ago #3384 by douglas
Dear Trentin,

That's because this rule is not valid.
Below are a few options:
Add to all website fields:
.inputbox{border-style:inset}

Add to all Contact Enhanced Custom Field:
.ce-cf-container .inputbox{border-style:inset}

Add to all Text Fields:
.cf-input-text{border-style:inset}

Add only to the E-mail Custom Field:
.ce-cf-container #email{border-style:inset}

I hope i could help.

Best regards,