Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Settings google maps

1 year 2 months ago #26787 by ratooren
Hi All,
I've added a google map to my contact form on my website www.ambert-camping.com/contact .
Below the map there is a box to enter the adress.
I want to get rid of this box, but can't seem to find where to do so. I've disabled settings like "directions" but still this line remains.

Please advise how to get rid of this line. It has no use for me and it is confusing with the lines of the form below.

I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks,
Ron

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #26788 by support
Dear Ron,

Disabling the Directions should remove this address <input> box. Please keep in mind that the Menu and Contact Options override the Component Options.
Try setting the Contact Option to hide as well. See screenshot .

Have a blessed weekend,

1 year 2 months ago #26789 by ratooren
Hi Douglas,

Thanks for the quick answer. The settings seems to me to be correct, see the screenshots.
Strange other problem i've found is that on the french site it's different then on the dutch and english site.
The map is showing quite different and also on the dutch and english site the adress bar is NOT present.

Hope you can shine some light on it.

Thanks Ron

This message has attachments files.

1 year 2 months ago #26790 by support
That's odd.
Since the setting is not applying to one language and it's the same contact, then the only thing I can think about right now is a caching issue. Can you try to clear the Joomla cache?

Let me know if the problem persists and I'll investigate it on Sunday or Monday for you.

Best wishes

1 year 2 months ago #26792 by ratooren
Hi Douglas,
Clearing the cache did indeed make all the language versions the same without the adress bar, so at least that is solved.
However i can't get the zoom level set on the map.
It's showing always the same zoomlevel on the website.
It make no difference if i set the zoomlevel in the contact and the common settings for contact enhanced tab maps to for example 16 or whatever. The zoom level is not changing (even with clearing the cache in between changing the settings).

Any ideas?

Thanks Ron

1 year 2 months ago #26793 by ratooren
Hi,
I found that the little bit stange description of the Zoomcontrol in the settings panel did change zoom level.
See screenshot.
When i set this to SMALL then suddenly to zoomlevel is changed.

So problem solved but a very strange description for this setting!

Thanks Ron

1 year 2 months ago #26794 by ratooren
Forgot the screenshot

This message has an attachment file.

1 year 2 months ago #26798 by support

ratooren wrote: I found that the little bit stange description of the Zoomcontrol in the settings panel did change zoom level.
When I set this to SMALL then suddenly to zoomlevel is changed.

That's odd. The Zoomcontrol option has no effect on the Zoom Level. I have just checked the source code and tried to reproduce the issue, but it works correctly for me. Please remember that the Configuration Zoom level setting just defines the default Zoom Level, but the map zoom level can be changed for each contact.

I did find a related problem. The edit contact page was letting you set a zoom level of 22, when the maximum allowed is supposed to be 18, so when the zoom level was over 18 the script was setting the Zoom Level to 10. I've fixed it and it will be in the next release.

I've splitter your post into two, so I'll reply to the language question in the other post in a few minutes.