Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

CE Pro - Anamolies (Blank Text in Email, CE Element Updates, Strange Stuff)

1 year 4 months ago #26667 by trlbldr
Douglas, I use CE Pro on six different Joomla 4 websites-all of them configured the same. I'm identifying issues unique and common to two of them - clontzancestry.net and usncva.org. System server settings are:
Joomla version: 4.2.6
PHP version: 8.1.13
MySqli version: 10.3.25-MariaDB
Web Host: Rochen
CE Pro version: 4.3.5

ClontzAncestry issues
1. Email sent using CE Pro does not record or display the text the sender includes in the message.
2. When a user attempts to send email, sometimes CE Pro rejects the message saying that he failed the Google ReCaptcha challenge; I tested that personally and found that it occurred even though I knew my selections were correct. I checked and confirmed the ReCaptcha keys are valid and that Google ReCaptcha 2 is properly configured on the website in Joomla 4. My next attempt was accepted but the message text field was left blank.
3. I can change component configuration choices (Options) for CE Pro v4.3.5 - not so with the usncva.org installation.
usncva.org
1. Even with the update to CE Pro (version 4.3.5) changing component configuration choices fail still.
2. I have not noticed that CE Pro on this website has the same text field issue as with that described above.
What a CE Pro version Updates differs between websites
I see that some of the CE Pro plugin or module version numbers in the installed update package for these two sites differ. Compare the Extension Manager records:
clontzancestry.net

usncva.org

I do not know that this is a problem, but it seems to me that it's another anomaly.

Sincerely,

Don White

Don White
Sr. Technical Communicator
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #26671 by support
Dear Don,

1. I've submitted your form on ClontzAncestry website and I got a copy of the email missing the message field as well. See screenshot . This problem leads me to believe the Contact Enhanced template is either missing the {form_fields} tag in your template.

2 - ReCaptcha:
Contact Enhanced does not control Google ReCaptcha, it just uses Joomla's framework to show it and request captcha validation. As I mentioned, I've submitted your form and it worked for me. I was searching on the web for possible solutions and found this article that might help you troubleshoot.

3 - I'm not sure why you cannot save the component configuration. Do you get any errors?

What a CE Pro version Updates differ between websites
You can disregard or safely uninstall the following Contact Enhanced extensions from Joomla 4:
- Plugins: Links for JCE and Action Log. Joomla 4 now has a method to embed the action log into the component itself, so we've removed the plugin from Joomla 4 package;
- Both Administrator Modules: Statistics and Latest Submitted Forms - These modules have been integrated into the component's Dashboard, so they are no longer used.

I've just added them to the exclusion list when updating Contact Enhanced, so they will be automatically removed next time you update.

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.