Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Contact not showing above form

1 year 4 months ago #26664 by ratooren
Hi,
I purchased today and downloaded the CE module. Installed it on Joomla 4 (totally up to date).
I can display the form correctly on my page but in no way i can get the contact details displayed.
I've 1 contact with an image of company logo that i wnat to display above the form as kind of business card.
I've read al the docs until know tried everything but it will not display the contact details. Nor above nor below or whatever.

Please some help. What am i missing?

Thanks,
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #26665 by support
Dear Ron,

Please go to Components > Contact Enhanced, click on the Options button, and under the Contact tab set the Contact Information option to Before the form. See screenshot .

Keep in mind this setting can be overridden by the Contact Options and in the Menu Options under the Display tab.

Best regards,

1 year 4 months ago #26666 by ratooren
Hi, i did exactly as you asked.
to be sure:
1. i've deleted the contact, the contact-menu-item;
2. i've recreated the contact through your system;
3. set it as single contact with image without any categorie (i've just only 1 contact to display);
4. set the new-contact-menu items as linking to "Contact" alias: contact-fr Contact Enhanced>>Single contact.

Now the menu item is showing the contact but no longer showing the form.
See for your self at ambert-camping.com (the french part has the link Contact in the menu).
I will not change anything for now.
Thanks for looking into it.
Ron

1 year 4 months ago #26668 by support
Dear Ron,

You didn't have to delete the contact. You just had to make sure the Contact Information option was set to display Before the form. Anyway, I'm glad you are now able to see the contact information.

If the Contact Form is not showing, please make sure the Contact has an email address or a user linked to it. Contacts without an email or user cannot have contact forms.

Best regards,

1 year 4 months ago #26669 by ratooren
Hi, thanks for this final information. Adding the mail and connecting the user did the trick. Form is showing now as is the contact. Thanks for that.

I've tried a test message and this is the "error" i get: Project #235055700247 has been deleted.
Field Captcha is required.
The captcha is Rechaptcha with the checkbox "I'm not a robot" which of course i've checked. So no form is submitted. Which setting is now causing the problem.

Directly also the following question. My site is in 3 languages, English, French and Dutch. I've added the language files for French and Dutch from your site.
On the french site is a litte bit the impact because this string Merci de remplir les champs obligatoires * is translated. How ever the tags of the form are not translated.
What would be the quickest solution to adapt thos also to the language of the site?
Creating 3 contacts 1 for every language or adapting the language.ini files?

Thanks Ron

1 year 4 months ago #26670 by ratooren
Hi,
I've made a little error: there are no language files for your form. So i need to edit the strings of course.
I've confused the download with GDPR Cookies which has the language files to download.

So whats should be the quickest and most reliable way?

Sorry for the mistake.
Ron

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #26672 by support
Ron,

That's odd... The message "Project #235055700247 has been deleted" is not part of Contact Enhanced. Do you always get this message when you submit or was it a one-time thing?

ReCaptcha
Contact Enhanced does not control Google ReCaptcha, it just uses Joomla's framework to show it and request captcha validation. I was searching on the web for possible solutions and found this article that might help you troubleshoot.

Language files
Contact Enhanced automatically installs the language files matching the language files you have on your Joomla. However, these files are not completely translated into some languages. You can help to translate it using Transifex .
Contact Enhanced uses Joomla's core multi-language feature, which requires you to create new resources (contacts, categories, and Form fields) using your language of choice. Some users only translate only the Form Fields. See screenshot .

Best regards,

1 year 4 months ago #26673 by ratooren
Hi, i tried once more and got again this message: Project #235055700247 has been deleted.
Field Captcha is required.

Did you try to send me the form because i didn't receive anything. Could you please fill a test form and send it to me, to see if it arrives here?

To make language overrides i need the string: COM_CONTENT_READ_MORE="Lees meer: " (this just as exemple). I tried to find them for your form but i can't find them. Without i can't make language overrides. Can you point where i can find them?

Going to look further into the error message.

Thanks,
Ron

1 year 4 months ago #26674 by support
Project #235055700247 has been deleted Message
I've searched the entire Contact Enhanced and Joomla's source code and I found no mention of "Project * has been deleted". I suspect it has to do with another plugin you have installed that's been triggered when a Contact Form is submitted.

ReCaptcha
Sorry about that, I didn't submit the form. I've submitted another Contact Enhanced form recently using ReCaptcha without errors. Can you provide a link to your CE form? Do you have other forms with ReCaptcha enabled on your site? Can you test it?

Language
You can search for the Language strings you want to override.
Select System → Manage Panel → Language Overrides. Then...
Select a Language and Client from the drop-down list. Then...
Select the New button in the Toolbar to create a new override.
Then search for the value or constant you want to override. See screenshot

If you encounter any problems, please let me know which strings you want to override.

Best wishes,

1 year 4 months ago #26675 by ratooren
Hi,

I've disabled the Recaptcha and enabled your image-captcha. Now the captcha isn't posing any problems.
For Rechaptcha appearantly there is some thing wrong with the keys.
But for the moment your captcha is working well.

However i still get this messages:
Could not instantiate mail function.
danger
An error occured and the email was NOT sent: Could not instantiate mail function.

Mailer is set to php. Stangely enough the mail that i send with te form is coming into my mailbox for the website, but i don't get a copy on my private mail.
This is the link if you wil try it:
ambert-camping.com/index.php/fr/contact-fr

Mailer set to SMTP did quite solve the problem. Still testing on it, but any advise is welcome!

Thanks Ron

1 year 4 months ago #26676 by ratooren
Hi, some more info. In the log of contact enhanced the test mails are stored. see screen shot.
Attachments:

1 year 4 months ago #26677 by ratooren
Hi, again some more info. Again a test form submitted. This coming in well in my account linked to the website. However no copy is send to my private mail and so i think the mail-error message has something to do with the send-copy-mail-function.