Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Message size exceeds fixed limit

1 year 10 months ago #26364 by FlyingMarkus
Hello!

I created a contact form for our pilots. Pilots should use this form to upload their licenses.

When the pilot adds the documents and submits the form, the following error message appears:
The original message was received at Sat, 23 Jul 2022 12:53:21 +0200
from 906748@localhost

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
tower@deutsche-mitflugzentrale.de
    (reason: 552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed limit)
    (expanded from: tower@deutsche-mitflugzentrale.de)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to [postfix]:
>>> MAIL From:<tower@deutsche-mitflugzentrale.de> SIZE=21569752
<<< 552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed limit
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Reporting-MTA: dns; sh10742.ispgateway.de
Arrival-Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 12:53:21 +0200

Final-Recipient: RFC822; tower@deutsche-mitflugzentrale.de
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed limit
Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 12:53:22 +0200

Return-Path: <tower@deutsche-mitflugzentrale.de>
Received: (from 906748@localhost)
	by sh10742.ispgateway.de (8.15.2/8.15.2/Submit) id 26NArLDX001197;
	Sat, 23 Jul 2022 12:53:21 +0200
X-Authentication-Warning: sh10742.ispgateway.de: 906748 set sender to tower@deutsche-mitflugzentrale.de using -f
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 12:53:21 +0200
To: tower@deutsche-mitflugzentrale.de
From: Anonymous User  - Deutsche Mitflugzentrale <tower@deutsche-mitflugzentrale.de>
Reply-To: petrimarkus@gmx.de
Subject: Deutsche Mitflugzentrale: NEUER PILOT
Message-ID: <a128dbf4d342d1d8f62f1684a56a6377@www.deutsche-mitflugzentrale.de>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
	boundary="b1_a128dbf4d342d1d8f62f1684a56a6377"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

The error massage on frontpage: prnt.sc/05vHyiGRFYg3

In the backend i can see the form: prnt.sc/1eXSOFxDZVlO

How can I make the error message in the frotend disappear? And how can I get the email with the licenses?

If this is not possible via email, a note that a recorded message is available is sufficient.

I use:
Joomla 3.10.8
ContactEnhanced: 3.10.1

Best regards,
Markus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #26365 by support
Dear Markus,

This error message (552 5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed limit) results from the setting of your email server rejecting the message for being "over the size limit" of your email server. A simple way to solve that issue is to reduce the "Max file size per email" setting in the Component Options under the Contact Form tab. Most servers allow up to 10Mb, but you can set this setting to 0 if you want all files to be stored in the server and only a link be sent by email.

The front-end message is related to Sendmail, I advise using SMTP instead of Sendmail in Joomla Global Configuration. Please read this article, item #5 .

I also advise using a Name Form Field type on your forms, this way you'll replace the "Anonymous User" with the user's name.

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.