Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Ideal Store Locator Plugin (iStoreLocator) works with Google Maps API which allows your website visitors to easily locate stores/contacts on the map.

Product Page

Load only items in my own database or contact list?

4 years 11 months ago #25018 by blue_Shift
I am wondering if I can repurpose iStoreLocator for use as a directory of subscribed businesses - so only restaurants or electronics stores in my data collection appear on the map? Using CE's extra fields, I can build a usable database, but a geolocated display is my ultimate goal. (But I don't want competitor's restaurants or electronics stores to get pinned - just my clients'.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #25019 by support
Dear blue_Shift,

I'm not sure exactly what you need.

With iStoreLocator and Contact Enhanced you have full control of which locations are pinned in the map.

I believe you want to disable/hide Point Of Interest (POI) from the map. Is that it?
If so, you can add the following Map Style code in the Plugin options to hide POI.
[
    {
        "featureType": "poi",
        "elementType": "all",
        "stylers": [
            {
                "visibility": "off"
            }
        ]
    }
]

You can control lots of options using Custom Styling. If you want to edit more options I recommend using snazzymaps.com

Let me know if you have any further question.

Best regards,

4 years 11 months ago #25020 by blue_Shift
Thanks - I have an out of date Pro copy of the component I will test with, I think my Plus subscription expires today, not that I should be worried about $10.

4 years 11 months ago #25021 by support
Let me know if you need any assistance.

4 years 11 months ago #25022 by blue_Shift
I want to change (or add) fields to this page... do I do that with an override, then add to the php and/or xml? For instance, a field for a Yelp or TripAdvisor link.,
Attachments:

4 years 11 months ago #25023 by support
Dear blue_Shift,

The latest Contact Enhanced has integration with Joomla Custom Fields. Go to Components -> Contact Enhanced -> Contacts, then you will see two options on the left column: Contact Fields and Contact Feilds Group. There's a Field Type called "URL" you can use for this purpose

Then in the Component Options, under the Single Contact Tab, you can choose the location for the "Contact Fields".

If you are looking for customization and better integration with the map plugin, please contact me via Support -> Contact Form, provide all your requirements and I'll quote it for you.

Best regards,

4 years 11 months ago #25024 by blue_Shift
I'm not seeing those options

under contacts
Attachments:

4 years 11 months ago #25025 by blue_Shift
Are you referring to the 10 extra fields, eg "Extra Detail Field 1"
COM_CONTACTENHANCED_FIELD_INFORMATION_EXTRA_FIELD_1_LABEL

4 years 11 months ago #25026 by support
Did you install the latest version?
There should be a Contact Fields menu item. See screenshot:
Attachments:

4 years 11 months ago #25027 by blue_Shift
I just re-re-updated and those fields are there - but they create user input fields, and I am looking only for front end display fields, so the 'extra fields' are the place I should be looking. Based on a test I just did, I *think* what I'm trying to do is possible. I will submit an offline RFQ as there is some custom work that needs to be done, and API integration.

4 years 11 months ago #25032 by support
Dear David,

The Contact Fields are not to be confused with the Form Fields. Form Fields create user input fields for forms, however Contact Fields is in place to display Contact Fields. Similar to the old Extra Fields, however it has more options and it is easier to customize.
Please read this article:
idealextensions.com/joomla-ext...tarted/175-contact-fields.html

Best regards,

4 years 11 months ago #25034 by blue_Shift
Yes, I see how that works - and I like that a field group gets its own tab. The question is how the field label can be the url, rather than displaying the url itself. In the attached photo, turning #2 into #1.
Attachments: