Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Ideal Store Locator Plugin (iStoreLocator) works with Google Maps API which allows your website visitors to easily locate stores/contacts on the map.

Product Page

Store locator not reading XML file?

7 years 1 month ago #22989 by srajca
Hello I am having difficulties setting up the Store Locator. I cannot seem to do the following:
  1. I am seeing this message - "Click on the Find my location button or enter your location in the appropriate box above the map to find the nearest location to you." and this one - "An important feature of this distance calculator tool is that it's as the crow flies , so click on the location's Show route button in order to get the real driving distance." How do I get rid of it
  2. My locations are not shown in map, I am using XML. Bellow is my sample code. What is the reason?

Please let me know what must I do in order to solve this asap.
Thank you,
Davor

Sample XML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<markers>
    <marker id="1" lng="13.8640511" lat="45.541402" name="VSR LAB d.o.o. Headquarters" category="VSR" metakey="" phone="+386 5 888 8135" image="http://new.vsrlab.com/templates/vsrlab/images/logo-367260885.png" webpage="http://www.vsrlab.com/" icon="" address="Kortine 2" city="Črni kal" state="" postcode="6275" country="SI" mobile="" skype="" facebook="https://www.facebook.com/pages/VSR-LAB-Very-Slender-Rib/175732945776478" linkedin="" google_plus="" twitter="" tags="">
	&lt;p>Office phone and contact for suppliers: +386 31 811924 Boat sales: +386 58 888135&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;h4&gt;Office hours:&lt;/h4&gt;
&lt;p&gt;MON - FRI 8:00-17:00&lt;/p&gt;
Email: &lt;a target="_blank"  href="mailto:sales@vsrlab.com"&gt; sales@vsrlab.com&lt;/a&gt;
	</marker>
    <marker id="2" lng="144.728441" lat="-38.334561" name="Wooden Boat Shop" phone="+61 3 59 844 333" category="Authorized Dealer" metakey="" image="" webpage="http://www.woodenboatshop.com.au" icon="" address="" city="" state="" postcode="" country="" mobile="" skype="" facebook="" linkedin="" google_plus="" twitter="" tags="">Reference person: Wayne Parr&lt;br/&gt;Email: &lt;a target="_blank"  href="mailto:wayne@woodenboatshop.com.au"&gt; wayne@woodenboatshop.com.au&lt;/a&gt;</marker>
	<marker id="3" lng="" lat="" name="VNESH TRADESERVICE" phone="" category="Authorized Dealer" metakey="" image="" webpage="" icon="" address="" city="" state="" postcode="" country="" mobile="" skype="" facebook="" linkedin="" google_plus="" twitter="" tags="">Reference person: Boris Arama</marker>
	<marker id="4" lng="5.134842" lat="52.342330" name="Sailcenter" phone="+31 (0) 6 40 92 15 53" category="Authorized Dealer" metakey="" image="" webpage="http://www.vsrrib.nl" icon="" address="IJmeerdijk 18" city="Almere" state="" postcode="1361AA " country="Nederland" mobile="" skype="" facebook="" linkedin="" google_plus="" twitter="" tags="">Reference person: Pim van der Zee&lt;br/&gt;Email: &lt;a target="_blank"  href="mailto:info@vsrrib.nl"&gt; info@vsrrib.nl&lt;/a&gt;</marker>
	<marker id="5" lng="" lat="" name="Reat s.r.o." phone="" category="Authorized Dealer" metakey="" image="" webpage="" icon="" address=" 18" city="" state="" postcode=" " country="" mobile="" skype="" facebook="" linkedin="" google_plus="" twitter="" tags="">Reference person: Karel Bauer;br/&gt;Email: &lt;a target="_blank"  href="mailto:karel@cere.cz"&gt; karel@cere.cz&lt;/a&gt;</marker>
	<marker id="6" lng="" lat="" name="Moberg Marine" phone="" category="Authorized Dealer" metakey="" image="" webpage="http://www.vsr.no" icon="" address=" 18" city="" state="" postcode=" " country="" mobile="" skype="" facebook="" linkedin="" google_plus="" twitter="" tags="">Reference person: Peer Moberg;br/&gt;Email: &lt;a target="_blank"  href="mailto:pemoberg@online.no"&gt; pemoberg@online.no&lt;/a&gt;</marker>
	<marker id="7" lng="" lat="" name="JSD Sports" phone="+33 617190622" category="Authorized Dealer" metakey="" image="" webpage="http://www.vsrfrance.com" icon="" address=" 18" city="" state="" postcode=" " country="" mobile="" skype="" facebook="" linkedin="" google_plus="" twitter="" tags="">Reference person: John and Andy Dinsdale;br/&gt;Email: &lt;a target="_blank"  href="mailto:jsdsports@yahoo.fr"&gt; jsdsports@yahoo.fr&lt;/a&gt;</marker>

</markers>

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #22990 by support
Dear Davor,

1. You can go to Extensions -> Plugin manager, edit iStoreLocator plugin and under the Language tab change the text for:
PLG_SYSTEM_ISTORELOCATOR_DISTANCE_TOOL_NOTE
You can also set "Load all* on First load" under the Search tab to Yes.

2. I'm not sure what's causing it not to display the locations. I see some of them do not have latitude and longitude, which you can fix clicking on the "Get Missing Coordinates" button under the Location list tab.

If the problem persists, please provide a direct link to iStoreLocator page, so I can take a look.

Best regards,

7 years 1 month ago #22991 by srajca
Hello

the fix coordinates button did not do any change. The list is still not being displayed. Can there be anything wrong with the XML file or the name of the file?
You can take a look at the plugin here - new.vsrlab.com/contact

I have been trying to solve this issue for a while now and is not working. Can you advise on a solution?
Best

7 years 1 month ago #22992 by support
Dear Davor,

There's an error in the console:
String could not be parsed as XML

When I tried to open the XML file I get this error:
error on line 3 at column 5: Encoding error

Please make sure to save the file in UTF-8 character encoding. If you are on MS Windows you can use a free/Open Source software like Notepad++ to change the character encoding of your file.

If you can't do it, please send the file to me using the Support -> Contact Form, and I'll do it for you.

Also, if the problem persists, please create a full backup and provide Administrator and FTP access, so I can take a closer look.

Best regards,

7 years 1 month ago #22993 by srajca
Good eye. i am not sure how I missed that. Thank you for your help. The encoding and changing of special characters solved the problem.
Best