Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Ideal Store Locator Plugin (iStoreLocator) works with Google Maps API which allows your website visitors to easily locate stores/contacts on the map.

Product Page

General Help

7 years 9 months ago #21790 by yamin
Hi

The map on my site is not very helpful ( www.rothaudio.uk/index.php/purchase/uk-dealer ). I wanted to list all my branches, and display the nearest ones when a customer does a search, is that possible?

Regards

Yamin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #21792 by support
Dear Yamin,

Yes, you just have to add the locations. You can use a CSV or use Contact Enhanced component.

Under the "Location List" tab set the source. Options:
Contact Enhanced Component (the best option in our opinion),
XML
CSV file Example file which you can edit using Open Office Calc or MS Excel or even a simple text editor such as Notepad++: idealextensions.com/plugins/sy...any-CastleFortSchlossRuins.csv

For more information please read the USAGE INSTRUCTIONS here:
idealextensions.com/joomla-ext...anced/istorelocator.html#Usage

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

7 years 9 months ago #21798 by yamin
Hi

I have made some progress using your sample files as you can see only one item is showing for the "British Attraction Sites". Also, I am not able to state my current location and then to return the results of the various attractions (nearest ones first) with distance.

Please advise

Regards

7 years 9 months ago #21799 by support
Dear Yamin,

It seems you've added filter_country=|UK| in your syntax and there's only one location with the country set to UK that's why it is only showing one location. When you use the filter options you have to make sure all locations you want to display match the filter

The issue below is unrelated, but it requires your attention:
There's a javascript erro on your site, which is due to missing a Google API Service
Make sure to enable Google Places API Web Service console.developers.google.com/apis/api/places_backend/overview
Also enable the Google Maps Directions API: console.developers.google.com/apis/library

Best regards,

7 years 9 months ago #21800 by yamin
Hi

I have removed the UK filter but I am not able to specify my location and get a list of attractions closest to me.

As for the two API services below I have enabled them both.

Regards

7 years 9 months ago #21801 by support
Dear Yamin,

There's a search field on the map . I have just tested with London and Leicester and it worked. Make sure to clear your browser cache (Ctrl + F5).

PS: If you want you can change the location for the Search field to before the map under the Search tab;

Best regards,

7 years 9 months ago #21802 by yamin
Hi

Its working but I would like to make it look nicer by having a text saying "Enter your City or Post Code" and a button to click then gives the results.

Also increasing the size of the map.

Regards

7 years 9 months ago #21803 by support
Dear Yamin,

In the Plugin options under the Language tab you can change the "Enter location" text.
There's no option to add a button because we are using the Google Places search API as default, which allows your user to choose the location from the list. If you want to disable the Google Places search you can, all you have to do is set "Autocomplete" to no under the "Search" tab. There will be no button, but I can implement it for you as a custom job. If you are interested, please send an email using the Support -> Contact Form.

Best regards,

7 years 9 months ago #21804 by yamin
Hi

My CSV file is not working. I have uploaded but not getting the locations listed. i cant attach the file as its not permitting me.

Regards

7 years 9 months ago #21805 by support
Dear Yamin,

If you are not able to upload the CSV file, it is probably a file permission issue. If you don't know how to change it, please contact your web hosting provider.

Best regards,

7 years 9 months ago #21806 by yamin
Hi

I have uploaded the CSV file to my server, I meant I cannot upload it here on your forum under "attachment" below.

7 years 9 months ago #21807 by support
Dear Yamin,

You can either add it to a zip file first or just provide
There seems to be an error on this line below:
-0.5651534,51.238392,Richer Sounds Guildford,Music,,,,http://www.richersounds.com/stores/guildford,0333 900 0050,,,Guildford,,United Kingdom,0 London Rd,GU1 2AF ,,,,
Removing the character (which looks like a space) after the Postcode. Also, please make sure the file encoding is set to UTF-8. Using OpenOffice Calc makes this very easy.

Best regards,