Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Ideal Related Articles (iRelated) displays related articles to Joomla articles. Quickly increase your readers' engagement with your articles by adding Ideal Related Articles inside your content.

Product Page

Issues with search related articles manually

4 years 10 months ago #25103 by yosh
Hi,

I am using the latest version of the component and I discovered some "a little annoying" issues with the search feature to add related articles manually:

1) It also displays deleted articles (in the trash) in the search results. If I select one and add it as a related article then the frontend page of the article breaks. I think it should not be possible to add trashed articles.

2) Related to 1): when an article is trashed, its associations as related article are not removed. Also leads to errors in the frontend and confusion in the backend, since it still displays it as related article.

3) It returns articles in different languages than the current article, too. Results should be filtered by current language + "all" . If I select an article in a different language and add it as a related article, it shows too on the frontend, but when I click on it I get a "404 not found" page.

It would be nice to have these fixed for the next version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #25104 by yosh
I've been doing more testing, and here's an update to my previous points:

1) Regarding the frontend, it only broke in one case (I am not able to reproduce anymore but I do recall fixing it by removing the trashed related article). So it seems to be something punctual. They backend behaviour is like previously mentioned, though.

2) The associations are not removed, so they can be seen in the backend, but in the frontend they do seem to disappear correctly.

4 years 9 months ago #25105 by support
Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback.

I could not reproduce the error reported on #1.

I'm working on the other suggestions and they will be included in the next version.

I'll try to release a new version either by the end of this week or by next week.

Best regards,

4 years 9 months ago #25137 by yosh
Great, if you could write here a quick note when the new version is released with the fix I would appreciate it, since the component's page has no changelog and it seems like the version there is also incorrect (I have a higher version installed).

I have to renew my subscription for the component but I'd wait for the fix to be released since the site is multi language I do not want issues.

Thanks.

4 years 9 months ago #25141 by support
Dear Yosh,

I have just released a new version with the latest changes and fixes.

There is a changelog here .
# Back-end suggestions will only display articles from the same language or assigned to all languages;
# Back-end suggestions will not display trashed articles;

Best regards,