Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

AJAX Recommend works correctly only for registered user

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #20494 by characato
If the visibility of the module is set for registered user it works correctly.
If the visibility is set public so the recommended link arrives wrong to the friend e-mail.
Is this a configuration problem?
How must I configure the module?
Thank you for your help.

I work with Joomla 3.4.4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #20495 by support
Dear characato,

I've been reading the source code and there shouldn't be any difference when the module is set to public or registered access.

What exactly did you mean when you wrote "recommended link arrives wrong to the friend e-mail"?

Best regards,

4 years 11 months ago #20504 by characato
This is the site: www.muehlburg-live.de .
I set the module at the left column to public.
For example, if I visit NEWS, then "OSTER ERÖFFNET NEUE FILIALE IN MÜHLBURG" and I send a recommend email, the link in the mail is not the correct.
If I set the module to registered users and I am logged on at the frontend it seems to work correctly ...
The site is already online, so I need a solution for this problem soon ...
Where can I set the width of te fields in the module? I set this on bootstrap.css ... is this correct?

4 years 11 months ago #20507 by support
Dear characato,

It might be a caching issue. Joomla doesn't serve cached pages for logged in users. Can you disable the Module Caching option under the More Advanced Options tab in Ajax Recommend plugin page?

Then clear your cache and try again.

If the problem persists can you disable Joomla cache for testing purposes, clear the cache and try again?

PS: I couldn't find a subscription linked to your username.

Best regards,

4 years 11 months ago #20510 by characato
I disabled the Module Caching option under the More Advanced Options tab in Ajax Recommend and it works!

The module is in our site too high. Attached you can see a target state for the design. Please tell me, in which .css file can I adapt the values. I asked you already where I can set the width of the fields.

What do you mean with subscription? I purchased IRecommend an AJAX Recommend under my username ...

Thank you for your help!
Attachments:

4 years 11 months ago #20511 by support
Dear characato,

Your template is setting a bottom margin for all inputs. Anyway you can add the CSS code below to /modules/mod_ajax_recommend/assets/css/custom.css (create if it doesn't exist).
.ac-cf-container .inputbox{margin-bottom:0}

If you want, you can also remove the margin and reduce the padding from the label using this CSS rule:
#ajax_recommend .ac-field-label{margin:0 !important;padding:3px 0 0}

I'll send you a file in a few minutes, so it will read and include the custom.css file;

Best regards,

4 years 11 months ago #20512 by characato
Under which conditions can the moduile cache stay on?

4 years 11 months ago #20515 by support
Dear characato,

Right now it will have to stay disabled. I'll have to make a lot of changes in order to allow you to enable cache with Ajax Recommend.

Best regards,