Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

iFAQ Initial Setup Issue - No Titles for Categorys

3 weeks 6 days ago #27361 by wwood
I just purchased iFAQ Pro and installed it on our Joomla 5.0.3 website. I have made progress with it but need some assistance. I initialized the plug-ins and iFAQ module has been published. I did print out the directions but cannot seem to find the details that I need.

I created a menu for FAQs, menus for the 4 main categories with menus. I also created a number of sub-categories and linked them to the appropriate subcategories. If I go to the FAQ page staging.geotech.com/resources/faqs all the articles are there. The problem is that they need to be on the pages for the correct category. I suspect this has something to do with the use of the iFAQ button, but I do not understand how or where to use it.

I also need to set up the Search.for the FAQs.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Walter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 6 days ago #27362 by support
Hello Walter,

It appears that the styling for headings (h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, and h6) is not defined by your Joomla template and the body font color is set to white, same as the background, so the headings are hidden. Since iFAQ is designed to adopt the styling cues from your template as much as possible, it doesn’t impose its own CSS rules for these elements.

To ensure a consistent design across your site, it might be best to reach out to the developer of your template for a long-term solution. However, as a temporary measure, you can add custom styling. Simply create a file named custom.css with the styling rules you prefer for your headings and upload this file to the directory /media/com_ifaq/css/. iFAQ will automatically recognize and apply this stylesheet, ensuring that your customizations remain intact even after future updates to iFAQ.

Here’s an example of what you might include in your custom.css file to get started:
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
    color: #212529;
}

Best wishes,

3 weeks 4 days ago #27363 by wwood
Thanks for the prompt reply, Douglas, I changed the template and can now see the titles and other text. I am now busy moving all my articles from FAQ Book Pro to iFAQ.

I created separate menus (1) for each category and subcategories. I also assigned each article to a Category/Subcategory (2). However, all my articles are ending up on the main FAQ page (3) and not on the Category page (4). How can I get the Articles on the correct page? (Please see numbered screen shots.)

I also have a question on how to set up searching the articles. The documentation appears to be for an older version of Joomla, and I am having trouble figuring out how to set this up. Could you please provide some guidance on this.

Thanks,
Walter

3 weeks 4 days ago #27364 by support
Dear Walter,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue with the template and can now see the titles and other text correctly.

Regarding your concern about the articles ending up on the main FAQ page instead of the Category page, it seems like you may have assigned the iFAQ Categories Menu item for the subcategories and for your main FAQ menu item. To resolve this, I recommend changing it to a Category Menu item. This adjustment should ensure that the articles appear on the correct page according to their assigned categories. See screenshot .

As for setting up searching the articles, I understand your difficulty with the documentation. I've updated the documentation page to provide clearer instructions for the latest version of Joomla. You can access the updated documentation directly using the following link:
Link to Updated Documentation.

Please review the updated documentation for detailed guidance on setting up article searching in iFAQ. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

3 weeks 3 days ago #27365 by wwood
Maybe I am misunderstanding this, but you said:

it seems like you may have assigned the iFAQ Categories Menu item for the subcategories and for your main FAQ menu item. To resolve this, I recommend changing it to a Category Menu item.

It appears that these menus are already iFAQ - Category Menus. See the screen shot for the Menu Items. .

I am also attaching screen shots for the Categories and Articles in the event that would help with understanding this issue. The site is live at staging.geotech.com/resources/faqs

I have not yet gotten to the Search issue. Again, I appreciate your helping me figure out these issues.

Walter
Attachments:

3 weeks 3 days ago #27366 by support
Dear Walter,

Thank you for providing the screenshots. They have been immensely helpful in identifying the issue. I thought your FAQ Submenus was for one category only, but it appears that you have nested categories under your sub-menu items as well. In such cases, it's important to ensure that the Menu type is set to "iFAQ Categories" instead of "iFAQ Category." I'm sorry about the confusion.

By selecting the "iFAQ Categories" Menu item type, you'll display the nested categories along with their respective articles. This should resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Please make this adjustment and let me know if you encounter any further issues.

Have a blessed wekend.