Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

IFAQ template view

4 years 5 months ago #25298 by waisign
Hi, i would like to ask where is the path of the template for categories view?

in components/com_ifaq/templates/basic there is just a css file and in views/categories i cant file the layout files for the categories.

i would like to make a back button at the bottom of my faq but cant find the layout file for categories.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #25299 by support
Dear waisign,

components/com_ifaq/templates/basic

These templates are basically for styling the layout.

If you just want to add a back button it might be just easier to add that using Javascript instead of hacking a core iFAQ file.

I'll create a feature for you where you can upload your own custom Javascript file to /components/com_ifaq/assets/js/custom.js

Let me know where you would like the back button and I'll create the script for you.

Best regards,

4 years 5 months ago #25300 by waisign
thanks for the support! i just need a back button at the end of my categories page.

myuniq.space/demo/mysolarecs/faq-myaccount

4 years 5 months ago #25301 by waisign
Also components/com_ifaq/templates/basic this path only have a css file and index.html file, it dont have core ifaq file that you told me?

4 years 5 months ago #25302 by support
Dear Waisign,

Create a custom.js file with the following content and upload it to /components/com_ifaq/assets/js/custom.js
if( (1 < history.length) && document.referrer ) {
	jQuery('.item-page.ifaq').append('<button class="btn btn-primary" onclick="window.history.back()">Back</button>');
}

This script will only add a back button if there's a history to go back to. For example, new tabs don't have a back button.

You can change the button style by using a different Bootstrap Class instead of btn-primary:
btn-default
btn-warning
btn-danger
btn-info

If you want to add a font-awesome (included in your template) backward button you can add the following just before the word Back.
<i class="fas fa-backward"></i>
or
<i class="fas fa-chevron-circle-left"></i>

PS: I have already sent you by email 4 days ago a change to a PHP file. You need to follow the instructions on that email before uploading the custom.js file.
PS2: The components/com_ifaq/templates/ folder is basically for styling (CSS) only. There are no PHP files in it. Maybe "theme" would be a better word for it.

Best regards,

4 years 5 months ago #25303 by waisign
Hi, thanks for the assist, there is some layout changes that we need to do from the template file, i need to move the category image to beside of my category name, i believe this cannot be done by js? please guide me where is the tpl file for categories, coz i had looked into view/categories, the files inside seem not the right one.