Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Need to change/edit the look and feel of iFAQ to suit an existing website

4 years 9 months ago #25134 by _alvin_
Hi, I couldn't wait for an answer in this forum re being able to upgrade my licence (hopefully that's possible) and I went and bought the Pro for 1 year.

Ok, I can get iFAQ to work and it's fairly simple to understand and I do like being able to place it in an article, etc, but... how can I easily alter the look and feel of an iFAQ template?
I'm no coder and I've not played with Joomla for about 5 years or more, but I really want to change some of the colours used in the text, etc.

I need to add our website colours to the text and arrows and I would like to marry that with the simple flat buttons not the beveled ones and also turn off the 'Expand/Collapse All' buttons.

Does iFAQ have a little more flexibility to be altered to suit an exiting design style???

Your help and advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #25136 by support
Dear Alvin,

iFAQ tries to inherit as much as possible styling from your template in order to keep the same look and feel. For example, the text for the answer's (article content) size and color are inherited from your template as well as the button's styling.

We decided to use CSS template files, avoiding inline CSS, in order to improve performance and grant you a better rating from Google Pagespeed and YSlow. Therefore, all changes must be done in the CSS file.

There's a brief tutorial on how to create your own template here .

Very little simple CSS changes are necessary, but if you need any assistance please let us know your FAQ URL and the colors you want to use and we'll help you out.

Best regards,

4 years 9 months ago #25140 by _alvin_
Thank you very much Douglas.
I've been away from Joomla for quite a while now and I'm running short of time with an important project that needs a simple FAQ, so knowing that this can be done with iFAQ and you are there as backup is a great help.

I'll give it a go and report back later.

Many thanks again.