Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Error 500 : Layout Default Not Found

10 years 6 months ago #15547 by beabs
Hi,

I'm playing with this module but can't seem to get it to work. I have a K2 content wall which is published to template location "Showcase 1". I have a default menu with its menu item set to be "Display Module Position" from M2C. If I set the "Module Position to Load" to be "Showcase 1" I get an error 500: Layout Default Not Found on the page. I'm using Joomla 3.x, does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #15558 by douglas
Dear beabs,

That's odd.
I have just tested with some Joomla core modules and I did not see any problem. I do not have K2 installed on my location, but I do not think it is related to the module.

Also, template positions do not have spaces, even though the name might be Showcase 1 the position code is different, probably something like showcase-1 OR showcase1

Please use the Select Position button in order to avoid problems. If your template positions do not show in the Select Position window, then you might still see the position code in the Extensions -> Module Manager. In case you still can't find it, please contact your template developer in order to find out the correct position.

Best regards,

10 years 6 months ago #15560 by beabs
Thanks for the quick response, really nice to know that a developer is on-hand to support :-).

Figured out the problem after some pain....I have recently reinstalled Joomla, version 3.1.4 but hadn't updated to 3.1.5 (the previous installation was 3.1.5 but had forgotten to do it for the new install). Have just updated to 3.1.5 and everything works fine! Strange but true!

Thanks again.