Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Add your friend's name to the form

7 years 1 week ago #15500 by espartacus_sun
First I want to thank you for this great component.
I would like to add two things to iRecommend,

1. I want to add friend's name to the form before 'Your friend's email', and by clicking +, another 'Your friend name' and 'Your Friend's email' will appear in the form.

2. I want to receive a copy in my own email from all invitations sent from iRecommend.

I appreciate your help and support in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 week ago #15505 by douglas
Dear espartacus_sun,

1. iRecommend does not have this feature, as a matter of fact, no one has ever requested this feature. This feature will require quite some work and I'm currently working on Contact Enhanced Upgrade and cannot focus on this right now.

2. I can easily implement this feature for you. Which Joomla version are you using?

Best regards,

7 years 1 week ago #15513 by espartacus_sun
Dear Douglas,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I use joomla 2.5.11.
Actually, I have a client request for the first option too.
Maybe you could help me to implement it myself?

Best regards,

7 years 1 week ago #15523 by douglas
Dear espartacus_sun,

I'm sorry for the delay. It has been a busy day.

You are free to implement this, however I really cannot create this feature right now and helping you would take me as much time as implementing it myself. I hope you understand.

I'll be travelling to JoolmaDaySF later this month, I have MooTools to jQuery conversion for all my Joomla 3.0 extensions and my wedding is in November, in other words, I really cannot do this for you.

Thanks in advanced for understanding.

Best regards,

7 years 1 week ago #15526 by espartacus_sun
Dear Douglas,

Hope you could just help me with receiving a copy of sent invitation in my email.
I will try to focus on the first option myself.

Wish you luck and congratulations on your marriage.

Thank you

7 years 1 week ago #15529 by douglas
Dear espartacus_sun,

I was going to create an option to send a copy to Joomla Admin, however I noticed that I already have implemented an option to send a blind copy to one or more emails separated by comas. Will that work for you?

Go to Components -> iRecommend :: Click on the Options button and under the "Recommend Form" tab add your emails (separated by comas in case you have more than one) in the "Blind Copy" option.

Best regards,