Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

404 - Contact Not Found

13 years 2 months ago #5364 by Spencemeister
Setting up my first contact form. Everything went peachy until I successfully submit the form and get a 404 - Contact Not Found error.

After trying several changes, to no avail, I duplicated the enhanced contact with the same contact ID in the standard Joomla contact module and after submission I got a completely different error with a message form the standard contact module.

What am I missing?

the contact exists. the ID is correct = 4. the contact has a valid email address. The same error persists whether or not the contact is linked to a user. I've turned off the feedback plugin, just in case, but that had no affect either.

What am I missing?

thanks,
Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #5367 by douglas
Dear Jeff,

This is odd.
Which Contact Enhanced version are you using?
Can you provide an administrator account so I can take a closer look?

Best regards,

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5370 by Spencemeister
Contact Enhanced 1.5.8.4 Version

www.naminnesota.net/index.php/...ls/request-a-temporary-sponsor

Edit: removed password

Thanks for taking a look.

13 years 2 months ago #5372 by douglas
Dear Jeff,

Before I continue, can you please upgrade to Contact Enhanced 1.5.8.6, which is the current version?

Best regards,

13 years 2 months ago #5376 by Spencemeister
I can't find an upgrade option on the Enhanced Contact Manager, is there a fee required for upgrading?

13 years 2 months ago #5377 by douglas
Dear Jeff,

There is no fee to upgrade in case you have a valid license, however I don't see any purchase linked to your account. Did you use another email on your PayPal Purchase?

Best regards,

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5378 by Spencemeister
This is a non-profit. Our treasurer purchased the module. He used either minnesotarsc or montejarvis. I'll check with him.

Thanks.

13 years 2 months ago #5397 by montejarvis2409
I upgraded the software to the latest release., and the problem persists.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks, Jeff
(I'm signed in with the account Monte used to purchase the software.)

13 years 2 months ago #5398 by montejarvis2409
Additional information: www.naminnesota.net/index.php/umso-menu

The email link umso@naminnesota.org used to be a simple mailto: call, but now it contains an enhanced contact link. When i try to change it back, the EC information returns yielding another "404 contact not found" error. Coincidence?

Is there a possible contention issue with one of the plugins? I enabled them all.

13 years 2 months ago #5401 by douglas
Dear Jeff,

I've accessed your site and found out the problem. You had set the Permission for your contact to Special, therefore it throws a not found error.

The Mailto2CE plugin adds a link to Contact Enhanced to all mailto links, in order to avoid spam. In the Plugin parameters it was linked to a contact that was set to Special.

I've disabled it for you.
I also advise you to upgrade your Joomla version to 1.5.22 because outdated installations offer security risks.

Sincerely,

13 years 2 months ago #5402 by montejarvis2409
Thanks for looking at this. I'll get Joomla upgraded. Unfortunately, the problem persists. I've only two contacts defined in CE, both are public access, and no matter which one I load, I still get a 404 Contact not found error when submitting the message form.

13 years 2 months ago #5423 by montejarvis2409
Douglas,

My last post was probably unclear. The problem persists.