Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Ajax Contact errors

14 years 3 months ago #2024 by kaftanka
The extension installed smoothly into my local test site and also into my online development site.
However, in both installations, at the top of the parameters screens, installation errors appeared. - I have attached a txt file of the online-site errors ( ajaxcontacterrors.txt).

Subsequently, I have also noticed that with the Security Question set to 'Show'....it does not !.....I clear my cache always.

I am using the loadposition command.

Please advise..thanks
Alvin M

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #2025 by douglas
Dear Alvin,

That's odd. Which PHP and Joomla versions do you have installed?

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #2026 by kaftanka
PHP Built on: Linux box676.bluehost.com 2.6.28-10.7.intel.IGB.BHsmp #1 SMP Thu Aug 13 21:52:24 MDT 2009 x86_64
Database Version: 5.1.43
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.11
Web Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Mamni ] 05-November-2009 04:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #2028 by kaftanka
Hello again,
I'm wondering if there are any suggestions/fixes for the problem I have posted.

I have tried a third installation on a different website, and got the same type of errors
showing up ! (screen dump attached)

Warning: html_entity_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home8/kaftanka/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/element/text.php on line 45

Warning: html_entity_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home8/kaftanka/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/element/text.php on line 45

In the meantime, have decided not to proceed further with the extension.

Regards,
Alvin
Attachments:

14 years 3 months ago #2029 by douglas
Dear Alvin,

I just sent you a file, please upload and let me know if it fixes it;

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #2054 by kaftanka
Douglas,

I over-wrote the original file with the one you sent....however, a different error appeared in the parameters setup page....in fact about 20 instances appeared ...

@title Element not defined for type = paramhelper

So I reverted, decided to ignore the original errors reported, and the form seems to have installed ok.....only time-will-tell !

In the meantime, thanks for your help
Alvin

14 years 3 months ago #2055 by douglas
Dear Alvin,

I knew that error (Element not defined) would appear, however it should not interfere in the usage and it should work fine;

If it bothers you I can remove them as well, but I'll have to remove after every update which is takes time ;-(

BTW, I just released a new upgrade yesterday correcting a couple bug fixes; Everyone is advised to install;

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #2076 by kaftanka
Dear Douglas,
It would have been nice to know that I would be seeing more errors though !?

However, the form seems to be working very well now, and doing exactly what I require, and thanks for your support.

I haven't installed the upgrade yet......is it critical or just suggested.....?
ie. what bugs is it fixing ?

Regards,
Alvin

14 years 3 months ago #2078 by douglas
Dear Alvin,

Some users reported that they were getting blank emails, so I investigated and found the solution;
It seems that if your users add a & sign it will send a blank email, therefore I advise everyone to install the update;

You should not have any problem, however making a backup copy before the installation or update is always a good practice;

Kind regards,

14 years 1 month ago #2483 by srkmath
Dear Douglas,
I just bought this extension and I am getting the same error: Is there any update to this module?

Warning: html_entity_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/chennaim/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/element/text.php on line 45

Warning: html_entity_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/chennaim/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/parameter/element/text.php on line 45

14 years 1 month ago #2486 by douglas
Dear Swami,

You got this on the Module parameters, Am I right?
I am still unable to reproduce this error in my test base, however I do know that you can use it normally. I'll take a closer look on this today.

Which Joomla and PHP version do you have installed?

Best regards,

14 years 1 month ago #2487 by srkmath
Dear Douglas,
Yes..on the admin side. I have PHP 5.2.9 and Joomla 1.5.15
Thanks,