Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

[SOLVED] Problem sending e-mail

13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #3611 by romadoma
Hi.
I recentely purchased your excellent component Contact Enhanced and related plugin, but my problem is I cannot send email from the site using this component. In other words, the normal joomla contact form is working properly (it sends email) but when I try to make the same via Contact Enhanced It doesn't send nothing.

Here an example with normal contact form

Here an example with contact enhanced form

Surely I am doing some error, but where? Please help me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #3612 by douglas
Dear romadoma,

I have tried to access your website, however I'm getting a timeout error...

I'll check it back again in a few hours.

Regards,

13 years 8 months ago #3613 by douglas
Dear romadoma,

Your site is back online.

I've just tested the form and it is being redirected to a blank page upon submit.
Can you please set the error reporting to Maximum in the Joomla Configuration?

Sincere regards,

13 years 8 months ago #3614 by romadoma
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm sorry I disturbed during your holy sabbath. I didn't realize this.
Anyhow, i dont know what happened during the night at my hosting server. Now it seems everything is working on the server, but error sending email via contact enhanced . If you prefer, I can prepare for you an access as super administrator, transmitting user and password through the form in your site.
Thanks you very much indeed.
Ciao from Rome!

13 years 8 months ago #3615 by douglas
Ciao romadoma,

Si, you can send the login details to my email and I'll take a look in the morning... It is very late already here in Brazil. ;-)

Cari saluti,

13 years 8 months ago #3616 by romadoma
:) Great ! Multilanguage Douglas!:)
I setted error reporting at Maximum as your request. and I sent you an email with your login data.
Thx again
Marcello!

13 years 8 months ago #3617 by douglas
Ciao Marcello,

Io sto imparando l'italiano piano piano. ;-)

Contact Enhanced uses Joomla framework and the HTML emails is not compatible with Joomla 1.5.9, which is the version installed on your website.

I've changed the "Email output type" to "Plain text" for now and it is working, however if you want to send HTML emails I recommend to upgrade to the latest Joomla?

Saluti,

13 years 8 months ago #3618 by romadoma
Ciao Douglas e complimenti per il tuo italiano! Se ti serve qualcosa a riguardo non esitare a chiedermelo!

Thanks a lot for your help!
The version I am using is the 1.5.9 and ...aehmm I see the latest version is 1.5.20. I am downloading this latest vs and I'll upgrade my site.
I was trying also to translate your component in italian but I see you dont need help in that! :)

Grazie ancora
ciao da Marcello
Ad maiora!

13 years 8 months ago #3619 by douglas
Dear Marcello,

You are mistaken,.. I do need help to translate because I've just started to learn. I still have a very limited vocabulary and I can only speak in the present tense. :-)

I noticed you've marked the thread as solved. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Best wishes,

13 years 8 months ago #3620 by romadoma
Ciao Douglas e grazie ancora!
Yes ...I marked the thread as solved because of upgrading joomla at latest version (under your suggestion) all went fine and now the email is working also in html format.

If you need some help learning italian, you can write to me or contact me by skype (my nick is romadoma). Also chatting is useful for better understand a new language. :)
ciao da Roma :)

13 years 8 months ago #3623 by douglas
Grazie,

I'll keep that in mind! ;-)

Sincere regards,

13 years 8 months ago #3624 by romadoma
Douglas, I read better your post before where you say "I do need help ...etc etc.."
Well, I'm available. Tell me exactly which files I need to translate ;)