Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Upgrade joomla3 to joomla4

1 year 11 months ago #26243 by komir
Hi I have in plan to upgrade my Joomla v3 to v4
What is a procedure with the ConatctEnhaced component in the upgrade process?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #26245 by support
Dear Komir,

I usually create a staging subdirectory or subdomain, duplicate the site, then move to the main domain or main directory. This avoids any downtime.

Joomla and Contact Enhanced upgrade procedure;
1. Create a backup;
2. Before Joomla Upgrade you might have to disable (not uninstall) Contact Enhanced and its extensions;
3. Upgrade Joomla;
4. Download the latest Contact Enhanced version and upgrade to Contact Enhanced 4.0 or newer;
5. Enable Contact Enhanced component and its extensions;
6. Review & Save Contact Enhanced Options;
7. Review & Save Menu Items;

Optional steps:
8. Contact Enhanced new version has totally refactored the Template System, if you had a custom template you'll have to create it again because it isn't compatible with the latest Contact Enhanced version;
9. Some Form Fields have changed and they should be converted to the new format, but it's always good to check their respective forms to make sure they are alright;
10. Check all menu items, modules, and plugins you use;

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

1 year 11 months ago #26246 by komir
Thank you
I followed your instruction
After installation of the latest Contact Enhanced Joomla4 version get a message like a screenshot attached
Attachments:

1 year 11 months ago #26247 by komir
I have installed pkg_contactenhanced-4.0.3.2-pro version

1 year 11 months ago #26248 by komir
and PHP8.1

1 year 11 months ago #26249 by support
Dear Komir,

I couldn't reproduce this issue locally.
Can you provide Joomla and FTP access to your staging website, so I can take a closer look?
You can send the credentials via the Support > Contact Form.

Best regards,

1 year 11 months ago #26250 by komir
Send you credentials

1 year 11 months ago #26251 by support
Thank you Komir.

I've already fixed and replied to your email this morning.

Please disable the credentials you've created for me.

Best regards,

1 year 11 months ago #26252 by komir
Thank you
I looked now and see Contact look weird in administration and contact is not visible in fronted
Here is one (it is menu item)
www.domidona-it.hr/zahtjev-za-ponudu

1 year 11 months ago #26253 by komir
also Joomla pass is the same as FTP

1 year 11 months ago #26254 by support
When I try to login I get a "Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet" error.

1 year 11 months ago #26255 by komir
I will send you new credentials
Also, I noticed, when enabling "System - Mail Links to Contact Enhanced (Mailto2CE)" in front of articles has "404
COM_CONTACT_ERROR_CONTACT_NOT_FOUND"