Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Can't upload zip files

3 years 7 months ago #25628 by acuweb
I'm using the latest version 3.9.10 and I have a multiple files upload field on our form. I have zip listed in the file extensions and have the safety check turned of. Yet when I go to upload any zip file it fails to attach to the form. Other file types work just fine, but seems like the zip files are still being blocked even with the safety check turned off. Is there something I'm missing?

Here is the form: www.surgikorus.com/cad-cam-lab/treatment-plan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #25629 by support
Dear acuweb,

I have tested your form and it worked properly for me.
It might be a file size restriction.

Best regards,

3 years 7 months ago #25630 by acuweb
Odd, I tried in chrome, firefox and edge with a 13kb zip file and none of them show it under files when it finishes uploading. Did it actually show up under files for you when you uploaded it?

3 years 7 months ago #25631 by support
Dear Acuweb,

It works for me everytime... See screenshot on Chrome and Firefox .

The only thing I see wrong is the styling.

Contact Enhanced tries to inherit the styling from your template as much as possible, but in this case, it does not look good. Please create a CSS Form Field r edit and existing one and add the following CSS rules:
.filelist .text-success {
    color: #468847;
}
.filelist .file_name {
    margin-left: 10px;
}
.filelist [class^="icon-"]:before {
    content: "";
}

After the changes it will look like this .

Best regards,

3 years 7 months ago #25634 by acuweb
Thanks for the styling info. Although I still can't get it to attach. Tried both browsers and even another computer and it still doesn't attach the zip file for me, but has no issues with an image file. I usually use firefox and didn't see an error in the console but when I checked in chrome I did see an error in the console:

data.process jquery.fileupload.js:717
data.submit treatment-plan:197
fileupload start
POST www.surgikorus.com/index.php?o...anced&task=jsonExecuteCF&cf=41 403
send @ jquery.min.js?e1fa20a728529835c6936a744b3adec6:2
ajax @ jquery.min.js?e1fa20a728529835c6936a744b3adec6:2
send @ jquery.fileupload.js:961
_onSend @ jquery.fileupload.js:1024
(anonymous) @ jquery-ui.min.js?vmver=1.9.2:6
data.submit @ jquery.fileupload.js:724
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload-ui.js:104
u @ jquery.min.js?e1fa20a728529835c6936a744b3adec6:2
add @ jquery.min.js?e1fa20a728529835c6936a744b3adec6:2
add @ jquery.fileupload-ui.js:99
_trigger @ jquery-ui.min.js?vmver=1.9.2:6
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload.js:1093
each @ jquery.min.js?e1fa20a728529835c6936a744b3adec6:2
_onAdd @ jquery.fileupload.js:1086
(anonymous) @ jquery.fileupload.js:1292
u @ jquery.min.js?e1fa20a728529835c6936a744b3adec6:2
add @ jquery.min.js?e1fa20a728529835c6936a744b3adec6:2
always @ jquery.min.js?e1fa20a728529835c6936a744b3adec6:2
_onChange @ jquery.fileupload.js:1282
h @ jquery-ui.min.js?vmver=1.9.2:6
dispatch @ jquery.min.js?e1fa20a728529835c6936a744b3adec6:2
v.handle @ jquery.min.js?e1fa20a728529835c6936a744b3adec6:2

3 years 6 months ago #25648 by acuweb
Any more thoughts on why I keep getting those errors on multiple browsers and computers? Not sure why it seems to work for you, but I can't get it to work at all or the other user that brought it up in the first place. Its only zip files and I'm using a zip file that is only a few kb for testing and it is just a zipped image I have no problems attaching by itself. Have no issues with image file types of larger sizes.

3 years 6 months ago #25649 by support
Greetings,

Since it works for me every time I test, it's hard for me to debug and find out what's happening.
As an alternative workaround, you can disable the Ajax File upload in the Form Field Parameters.

Will that work for you?

Best regards,

3 years 6 months ago #25673 by acuweb
When I turn off ajax I see it attach the filename to the form by the browse button, but when I submit the form it goes to a error 500 page and says "There was no file to upload"

3 years 6 months ago #25679 by support
Dear acuweb,

I've figured out why it's not working properly.

I've sent the fix to your email address a few minutes ago.

Best regards,