Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Update Failure when updating from 3.9.8 to 3.9.10

3 years 11 months ago #25474 by adiehm
Joomla Extensions Update shows the following update on multiple sites that have CE Pro installed:

Contact Enhanced LITE: We didn't find a valid subscription linked to..
Error subscription not found for http:// - We did not find a valid subscription attached to your website . Please make sure this website is linked to your subscription at IdealExtensions.com. Do not add http:// or www to your domain when you link it. If you have a valid subscription, go to My Account -> My Downloads in order to download the new version.

If I try to update it returns an error - It seems the only solution is to download the latest package and re-install

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #25475 by costelcovacescu
I have the same problem.

3 years 11 months ago #25476 by mickelb
I have downloaded the CE Pro 3.9.10 package but get this error in Joomla:
There was an error uploading this file to the server.
Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).
Unable to find install package

I have increased file sizes to 50M but still get the error.

3 years 11 months ago #25477 by mickelb
p.s. using PHP 7.4

3 years 11 months ago #25478 by support
Greetings,

There are 3 conditions to display this message:
1- Your subscription has expired (I know it's not the case)
2- You did not enter your domain name to Your Account » My Downloads page. If that's the case, then go to Your Account » My Downloads page and add your domain name (without http://, https:// and www) to the "Domains you wish to install this product on" field and click on the Save button.
3. You've moved your site from localhost to your live server, it's currently on localhost, or changed the domain after you've installed Contact Enhanced. If this is the case, all you need to do is install Contact Enhanced over the previous version. The installation procedure will override all files, but you will keep all configuration, contacts, categories and Form Fields.

I always recommend making a full backup before any kind of upgrade, just to be on the safe side. However, you can rest assured you will not lose any data or configuration when downloading the component from our site and manually updating it. As long as you don't uninstall the component, of course.

PS: The latest version will make sure your installed domain is always updated, therefore even if you move domains it will be updated in Joomla Update Sites Database. In other words, this error should not happen again after you update this time (for condition #3).

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

3 years 11 months ago #25479 by adiehm
Hi Douglas. None of those 3 conditions apply to this issue. I have about 90 existing websites that all have their domains listed in My Downloads. They are not new sites ie not moved from Localhost to Live Server

None of them will update

What intrigues me with this issue is the Joomla Update screen shows "Contact Enhanced LITE" - Why is this not PRO or PLUS?

3 years 11 months ago #25480 by mickelb
Hi Douglas,

what about the size error issue?

Also, as adiehm says the update message in Joomla says : Contact Enhanced LITE rather than Contact Enhanced PRO

3 years 11 months ago #25481 by support
I guess there's a 4th condition for this error, which this last version attempts to fix as well:
A missing extra_query parameter for Contact Enhanced update site, caused by Rebuilding the Update Sites in Extensions Management.
A workaround for this issue is accessing the following URL:
YOURSITE/administrator/index.php?option=com_contactenhanced&task=tools.getUpdates
This will rebuild Contact Enhanced Update Server and will fix the extra_query issue (if necessary). It will also display either a blank page or will only display "Updates are available!" on a blank page.

Let me know if the problem persists after running this step.

"LITE" ISSUE:
Ideal Extension update site tries to find first a valid subscription for the PRO, then Plus, then Lite version for your domain. If no subscription is found it will show the error for the LITE version because it was the last version it tried to find the subscription.

Best regards,

3 years 11 months ago #25482 by mickelb
No change. AlI I get using the URL above is a bank page with just Updates Available.

Still shows Contact Enhanced LITE: We didn't find a valid subscription linked to
My subs is up to date - I also update iStorelocator as it had expired and I hadn't had a reminder email.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #25483 by adiehm
Using the "Extra-Query" parameter is fraught with danger as rebuilding the Update Sites will not regenerate the extra Parameters. Akeeba Admin and Akeeba Backup had the same issue for years and eventually they stopped using it.

Often the simplest way to rebuild the "Extra_Query" parameters is the go to the"Options" for component and save. This works for CE and I can see the following parameters in the "Extra_Query" column in the table xxxx_update_sites for one of my websites

This however does not fix the issue. I did however notice that the description shown in the tooltip for the "Name" shown in the Extensions Update list is missing the domain name. Not sure if that is part of the problem

"Error subscription not found for http:// - We did not find a valid subscription......."

3 years 11 months ago #25484 by jgress
Good morning.
Just checking in here because I too am experiencing the same issues as the others. Wanting to get updates to this thread so posting a reply.
Jenn

3 years 11 months ago #25485 by support
I was able to reproduce the issue and I have fixed it.

Can you please try again?

Best wishes,